Copyright, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

Copyright — All copyrightable text, the selection, arrangement, and presentation of all materials (including information in the public domain), and the overall design of these materials are copyrighted by Brian P. McLean. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to retain these materials for the purpose of viewing, reading, and relating for reference. Any other copying, distribution, retransmission, or modification of information or materials, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without the express prior written permission of the respective authors and Brian P. McLean, is strictly prohibited.

Disclaimer — These materials have been prepared for informational purposes only, and may not reflect the most current legal developments. The information in these materials is provided only as general information. The information is not intended to constitute legal advice or to substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney. Providing this information, and receiving it is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act on this information without seeking professional counsel. Content on this site does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of or its attorneys or employees.

Terms of Use — You agree, if you use or subscribe to this website, to behave yourself and treat others politely. Brian P. McLean reserves the absolute right to ignore, post, edit, or comment on anything you post on this website about Brian P. McLean or these materials, to remove your privileges as a subscriber and, if possible, to ban you for life from the internet.

2 Responses to Copyright, Disclaimer, and Terms of Use

  1. maggie07 says:

    Can you speak to insurance coverage for Condominium Associations in the state of WA? I am being told that the master HOA policy covers all water damages as the primary policy. If a homeowner or tenant is negligent and leaves the water running in the bathtub, or their toilet leaks and the below units are damaged, why wouldn’t the owner of the unit causing the damage be liable?

  2. Can’t provide legal advice on this site and insurance coverage is complicated.

    Whether or not required by your governing documents, each owner in a condominium ought to purchase his or her own insurance coverage – referred to as an HO-6 policy. Make sure you discuss coverage with your insurer. Then, in the event of a loss like you’ve described, the negligent owner, the below unit owner, and the association can turn to their respective insurance companies to sort out coverage issues.

Leave a Reply